
Well opening kickoff has come and gone and the Gators start the 2008-2009 season with a lopsided 56-10 win over the Hawaii Rainbow warriors.
For my family it was a fun experience as Crystal, DJ, and I all had the opportunity to go to the game along with our friends Reuben Romney and Scott Arvin. The 12:30 kickoff time made it really tough to try and tailgate so we just went and enjoyed the game. The weather looked like it wasn't going to cooperate with us but in the end it rained just before kickoff then held off for the remainder of the game providing some cloud cover. DJ and Crystal may never be able to just go enjoy a game as their seats were 7 rows up on the 45 yard line, talk about lucky!
As for the game itself here are my notes on what I saw:
1. The overall team speed looks much greater. This was a general observation based on watching the Secondary, the Defensive Linemen, the young Skill Position guys on offense, and special teams coverage.
2. Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer are making a statement now that this is a "Team" not just "Tim". This was made every clear when Tebow was pulled in the 3rd quarter on a drive that was inside the 10 yard line. Tim easily could have ran the last 2 plays Cam Newton did to "pad" his stats, but this team clearly is more focused on winning an SEC Championship and possibly National Championship.
3. Can we find a kicker? I have a feeling the Tuesday paper on campus will look like a help wanted add. All the kickoffs were barely reaching the 20 yard line. This is unacceptable if ya wanna win the field position game in a tough conference match up.
4. The best part for me though was watching us finally get pressure from the interior D-line. We will get a better gauge when we play Miami this week but I like what I saw.
OK. Now that I gave you a quick synopsis it is time for me to get back to tweaking my final draft sheets for my upcoming Fantasy Draft. I always have to be on top of this or else my wife may end up with bragging rights. We just can't have that. So stay tuned and I will publish the draft results later this week.




No comments:
Post a Comment