slideshow

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gators 26 -Whine-Am-Mi 3

(In action photo by CB of the extra FG at the end, you can see football about to cross at top of goalpost)

OK. I was another great evening for the Gators in “The Swamp”. It had only been forever since the Gators had beat the Canes, but now it sways the way of the Orange and Blue.

The original game plan was for Inger and I to go to the game, but with the surprise addition of another Burton on this day Grandma was racing to help and that left a ticket for my best half to come with me to the game. So after quite a few phone calls we finally got the kids supervised for the evening and it was “Go” time.

We met up with several friends and had our first official Tailgate here in Gainesville. We learned a few lessons we can apply to our next trip but still had a blast. We had some burgers, hotdogs, and plenty of junk food to keep our appetites under control. We also were introduced to game of Cornhole. I will let you just stay in a state of wonderment figuring out what that is but needless to say I was undefeated. J After the tailgate it was time to teach the “U” a lesson.

The game was never really in doubt as Miami was unable to truly get any offense going at all. Though at half the score was close I never felt like the outcome would be in jeopardy? So here are my quick takes on the game.

Florida’s defense looks really good. I know I said this last week as well but with the pressure the d-line got against a much larger Miami offensive line I was very encouraged by what I saw.
Even though defense looks dominant will we ever face a high quality QB before Georgia?
In the 1st half the offense looked very sluggish but ultimately this team has too many playmakers to be held in check.
The biggest controversy was the FG Florida kicked with almost no time left. Personally I think it was all about getting a FG attempt for his kicker so he will have a positive experience before having to take a “big” kick in a game. Miami fans get over it!

OK. That’s all I have to say about this game. Next up on the list…can I get a VOLUNTEER??

No comments:

espn player

Playlist