
The Footbrawlers II Fantasy Football League draft was completed last night through ESPN. There was lots of food, fun, and espionage occurring, or so it was alleged. The draft apparently was rigged and there were accusations of wire tapping in the draft areas. All 10 teams were able to make the draft online (or most of it, Dallin & Sam).
OK. So here are my observations for each team going in draft order:
1. We Play Dirty: Owner Reuben Romney
Team is going to always be decent when foundation is LT. Also apparently likes his receivers to have last names ending in H. (Holmes, Holt, Heap). Team could also revert to 2007 form losing each week in record fashion.
2. Remember the Tight-Ends: Owner Crystal Burton
She is already feeling the pressure of being a Woman in a Man’s world. She is already losing sleep fearing that she needs more top tier WR’s. I feel sorry cuz I know nobody had Braylon Edwards ranked very high???
3. Lone Star Knights: Owner Rich Formby
I am very proud of Rich for getting out of rehab and learning not everything has to be about the Cowgirls. He should put a beat down on me week 1 as every time I play B.Westbrook he gets like 50pts. If one of his five 3rd tier RB’s come through he might have a good year.
4. Team Yeigh (real name TBD): Owner Sam Yeigh
See Rich’s note above and please get into COLT Rehab. He managed to get almost every colt except 2 of the best 3? He even demonstrated his love for the colts with a strong selection of Dallas Clark in the 3rd round. Thanks for joining this year. J
5. Dome Patrol: Owner Sam Formby
Sam is hoping Peyton Manning carries the load and his incredible luck from last year. I am really betting Cotchery carries ya this season??
6. Gladiator Cake Crew: Owner SUPERMAN
Besides being mocked by the uneducated, for drafting three RB’s that they were unsure of. (K.Smith, M.Forte, and T.Hightower). Not much else to say except, “Pay UP Fools”!
7. Something Clever: Owner Dallin McRae
Don’t know what to say when the best 2 picks were done by autopilot (T.Brady and M.Lynch)? Maybe next time let it go through the first five rounds until messing it up. Solid team that gets better after B.Marshalls 1 game suspension.
8. Team Arvin (hopefully he changes it): Owner Scott Arvin
If Frank Gore and Edgerin James don’t scare ya now, they probably never will this season. Don’t worry Scott, Gore does the same thing Westbrook does to me, goes off for the week they play me. Oh now I remember that is the only week Gore went off last year. The other good thing is you can drop any of the guys on your bench to get new players without losing much.
9. Team Witt (TBD): Jeff Witt
Not a lot of guys on his bench are going to scare you, but the starters could put up explosive numbers. As long as frontline guys stay healthy, he will be in contention.
10. Team Shortbus Riders: Owner & rider Logan McRae
Are you high? That should be the question after seeing the selection of Brett Favre in the 1st round. OH! And then following that with Ricky Williams with pick 70. If the rooks work out and Brett gets his cane dusted off, you have a chance.
OK. So now you know a little bit about what I think. The draft was a blast. Even the constant yells from the other room about…”I was about to pick him”, or “He was on my hot list”, kept the fun rolling until the end. I also want all of you to know I will keep you updated on our league results and let you all see “How We Roll!”
OK. So here are my observations for each team going in draft order:
1. We Play Dirty: Owner Reuben Romney
Team is going to always be decent when foundation is LT. Also apparently likes his receivers to have last names ending in H. (Holmes, Holt, Heap). Team could also revert to 2007 form losing each week in record fashion.
2. Remember the Tight-Ends: Owner Crystal Burton
She is already feeling the pressure of being a Woman in a Man’s world. She is already losing sleep fearing that she needs more top tier WR’s. I feel sorry cuz I know nobody had Braylon Edwards ranked very high???
3. Lone Star Knights: Owner Rich Formby
I am very proud of Rich for getting out of rehab and learning not everything has to be about the Cowgirls. He should put a beat down on me week 1 as every time I play B.Westbrook he gets like 50pts. If one of his five 3rd tier RB’s come through he might have a good year.
4. Team Yeigh (real name TBD): Owner Sam Yeigh
See Rich’s note above and please get into COLT Rehab. He managed to get almost every colt except 2 of the best 3? He even demonstrated his love for the colts with a strong selection of Dallas Clark in the 3rd round. Thanks for joining this year. J
5. Dome Patrol: Owner Sam Formby
Sam is hoping Peyton Manning carries the load and his incredible luck from last year. I am really betting Cotchery carries ya this season??
6. Gladiator Cake Crew: Owner SUPERMAN
Besides being mocked by the uneducated, for drafting three RB’s that they were unsure of. (K.Smith, M.Forte, and T.Hightower). Not much else to say except, “Pay UP Fools”!
7. Something Clever: Owner Dallin McRae
Don’t know what to say when the best 2 picks were done by autopilot (T.Brady and M.Lynch)? Maybe next time let it go through the first five rounds until messing it up. Solid team that gets better after B.Marshalls 1 game suspension.
8. Team Arvin (hopefully he changes it): Owner Scott Arvin
If Frank Gore and Edgerin James don’t scare ya now, they probably never will this season. Don’t worry Scott, Gore does the same thing Westbrook does to me, goes off for the week they play me. Oh now I remember that is the only week Gore went off last year. The other good thing is you can drop any of the guys on your bench to get new players without losing much.
9. Team Witt (TBD): Jeff Witt
Not a lot of guys on his bench are going to scare you, but the starters could put up explosive numbers. As long as frontline guys stay healthy, he will be in contention.
10. Team Shortbus Riders: Owner & rider Logan McRae
Are you high? That should be the question after seeing the selection of Brett Favre in the 1st round. OH! And then following that with Ricky Williams with pick 70. If the rooks work out and Brett gets his cane dusted off, you have a chance.
OK. So now you know a little bit about what I think. The draft was a blast. Even the constant yells from the other room about…”I was about to pick him”, or “He was on my hot list”, kept the fun rolling until the end. I also want all of you to know I will keep you updated on our league results and let you all see “How We Roll!”




No comments:
Post a Comment