In breaking from my normal postings I felt very strongly that I should take a moment to recognize a friend and mentor that recently passed away. On March 4th of this year my father-in-law and more importantly good friend Brent Olson passed away. He died from an aggressive cancer that had no treatment options.
This is a quick note to tell him that I appreciated him always being a great example and accepting me whole-hearted into the family. No words can do justice to explain how compassionate and caring he was not only to his family but also the community. He was starting Defensive End for BYU and helped them win their first ever WAC championship as it was originally aligned. Thank goodness my kids will have some decent genetics to overcome my flaws..hehe
I will leave with this simple statement I have:
"No matter where Brent Olson went, that part of the world immediately became a better place. His compassion and selflessness can not be duplicated and anyone around him became better by trying to emulate what he did. I will say the this world will miss you but I can also say this world is better because you were here. Thank You, and I look forward to seeing you again someday."




No comments:
Post a Comment